Job Title: Field Sales Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Sales Manager
As a field sales representative you are the key link between Willard Agri Service and our customers.Â You are responsible for communicating the value we bring to a customer and ensuring that those values are delivered and realized by our customers.Â All aspects of the customer relationship are to be managed by you in an efficient and friendly manner.Â These items include custom spray and fertilizer applications, deliveries, High Q data collection and analysis, accounts receivable, field surveillance and government program compliance.Â These items are outlined below in more detail.
Include the following.Â This job description reflects managementâ€™s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Identify and acquire new accounts
- Work with Sales Manager to develop and achieve sales goals
- Maintain and secure existing accounts by developing crop production and protection plans for growers
- Evaluate field conditions and communicate situation to growers on an as needed basis
- Coordinate field application of fertilizer and chemicals
- Directly supervise applicator scheduling and implementation
- Insure that soil sampling procedures are followed
- Tailor sales activities to individual customer needs
- Implement nutrient management plans as needed
- Report sales progress to Sales Manager
- Conduct grower meetings and presentations
- Utilize HighQ to maintain and gain sales
- Support efforts of all team members and their goals
- Share lessons and experiences with current, new or potential sales reps
- Be willing and prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Assist management in its quest for employee ownership of general responsibilities
- Sustain positive customer relations at all times, and remember the customer is #1 and always right.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Â The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Associates degree or 3 years sales experience
- Must be a self starter
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Be able to identify a problem before or after it arises and provide a solution
- Have an excellent sense of time management
- Proficient in mathematics
- Understanding of crop production business
- CCA and NM certification desired
- Expertise in Windows-based software (MS Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education And/or Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 lbs.
- Long hours as needed
- Travel as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Non-smoking for safety
- Random drug screening
- Often work outside and in varying temperature and weather conditions