Job Title:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Organic Field Sales Representative
Reports To:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Exempt
Prepared By:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Director of Sales and Marketing
SUMMARY:Â As an organic field sales representative you are the key link between Willard Agri Service and our organic customers.Â You are responsible for communicating the value we bring to a customer and ensuring that those values are delivered and realized by those customers.Â All aspects of the customer relationship are to be managed by you in an efficient and friendly manner.Â These items include custom spray and organic fertilizer applications, deliveries, High Q data collection and analysis, applied technology support, accounts receivable, field surveillance and government program compliance.Â These items are outlined below in more detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: include the following.Â This job description reflects managementâ€™s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Identify and acquire new accounts.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to develop and achieve sales goals.
- Work closely with the Organic Lead to open new accounts and close sales on all identified Organic prospects not actively serviced by other existing sales reps in the Mid Atlantic geography of Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey.
- Coordinate field application and delivery of organic fertilizer with regular communication with our organic lead support.
- Tailor sales activities to individual customer needs.
- Report sales progress to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Conduct grower meetings and presentations.
- Utilize HighQ, Eco N and other applied technologies to maintain and gain sales.
- Support efforts of all team members and their goals.
- Share lessons and experiences with current, new or potential sales reps.
- Be willing and prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Assist management in its quest for employee ownership of general responsibilities.
- Sustain positive customer relations at all times, and remember the customer is #1 and always right.
QUALIFICATIONS:Â To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Â The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Associates degree or 3 years of organic fertilizer sales experience.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Be able to identify a problem before or after it arises and provide a solution.
- Have an excellent sense of time management.
- Proficient in mathematics.
- Understanding of crop production business.
- CCA and NM certification desired.
- Expertise in Windows-based software (MS Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Â The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Long hours as needed
- Travel as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.Â Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Non-smoking for safety
- Random drug screening
- Often work outside and in varying temperature and weather conditions